SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovlilynne

Prepping for the Reno - Advice Please

lovlilynne
15 years ago

Hi - you all have such a great collective experience, I would like you to share with me. For those of you who renovated an existing kitchen, how did you prep for it? I have just begun to think about the packing up - for me it will not only be the kitchen, but the dining room, living room, and entry hall because we are taking down walls between K and DR and K and LR, and we are putting in wood floors in EH. I have no staging area except for the deck off of the kitchen.

But, I digress - how did you pack up your kitchen? What did you use? (boxes? Or did you invest in bins?) Did you purge when you packed, or plan to when you unpack? What stuff did you leave accessible? But mostly - what stuff did you WISH you had left accessible, but didn't?

I am thinking of moving the fridge to the deck - but I am wondering since the deck is off of the kitchen (or around the house), will it be just as inconvenient out there? Of course, the grill is out there, and I figure we will cook out there as much as possible.

Since I don't have any room on the same floor as the kitchen, I was also thinking of putting all the "need to be accessible" kitchen items on the deck.

Our microwave is an over the range, so once it is disconnected, I don't think we will be able to use it. We have an IL suite where my mom lives, and we'll be able to borrow her microwave and sink, but it's on a lower level (half a flight down).

What other things to think about to plan and prep for the renovation?

Comments (17)