SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Another Mother's Day thread-not going for it

lamom
13 years ago

Well, DH asked me a few days ago what I wanted to do Mother's Day. I told him that I wanted to go to a fancy restaurant that we only can afford to visit at most once a year or every other year, flowers and so on. If not, a really nice bar-be-cue (DH is a great bar-be-cue chef) and invite the skids. I have already been invited to a Mother's Day event at a social club but put off accepting or declining while waiting for DH to solidify plans.

This morning DH tells me that SD36 has been calling back and forth about arranging a Mother's Day gathering with SS30's GF/babymama and possibly BM. Since they live way out in the far flung suburbs and don't drive there has been a lot of discussion regarding logistics (we'll drive, you pick them up from the train station, you take them here or there etc.) Since it fell apart as most things do when SS and GF are involved I just shrugged and kept moving.

But, and this is not the forum for marital issues, what in the world was my DH thinking to ask me what I want, let me think it was coming, then spend ANY time talking to his skids about what they want which is the bobillionth accomodation from me? Mother's Day with BM???!!! At this point, I would rather have brunch with my mommy friends, let him kiss the behinds of his grown kids, SS's GF and ex-wife alone and enjoy myself.

I'm a mother and Mother's Day is my day. The more they think I should dilute my time with their conflicts regarding their BM or SS's GF, the less time I want to spend with them or accomodations I want to make. DS7 has made me a card at school and semi secretly spent his own piggy bank money to buy me a little rose plant. I am choking up typing about it as I think about those people to whom I am related through marraige who still think the world revolves around their old, now 18 years defunct, nuclear family world.

Comments (31)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus