SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

More Picture Requests from Slinkey

plainjane425
15 years ago

Sorry if I missed thanking some of you on the other thread...as there were so many.

Jan/patty_cakes, wooderlander...thank you

I've included some extra pictures that I didn't include before, along with the bedrooms... Hope you enjoy them.

This is another angle of the house. On the right are the bay windows that overlook the side property and the 'Wild Life' ... I'm still getting used to..

Lots of deer (who love my flowers).. & Turkeys..We found one sitting w/babies on top of the arbor one morning!

This is another angle of the front hall w/church pew.

The large picture on the right was from a calendar...I matted it and already had the frame. The ones over the church pew - the one in the middle, is from a Christmas card... a print by (Carl Larson) The other, to the right of it, with the two girls, was also from a Calendar...I matted them, and I already had the frames. Over the years, I've bought really nice, old frames (cheap),at tag sales, and saved them for the right pic. That's how I got all the frames for the Family Pics along the stairway.

Another view from Dining Room

The table below, I found at an estate sale for $8.

Alcove off Kitchen .. Shelves in alcove another Flea Mrkt find.. When Dh made the white hutch it was originally stained maple, in old house. For this spot, because the wall was just about the same size as the hutch, and to not have it looked so squeezed, we painted it off white and antiqued it. It blends in w/wall and doesn't look forced.

Master Bedroom (the little white wing chair was $10 and I just bought fabric online...and recovered it)

Oil Painting of Ballerina..was at an estate sale.. It was a self portrait..done by an elderly lady, when she was a young girl. All of her things were being sold off. I can't believe that someone in the family didn't want it.

Guest Room - Again, a mix of some new and some flea market finds...

Upstairs Hall ... Dh had a picture of his father as a young boy, his passport, when he came to this country, and a hanky that his father had with a picture of the ship that he sailed over on, as well as a post card of the ship. He put them in a shadow box, and has it hanging on the wall. So many times, I would go to estate sales, and see so many family pictures being thrown out or sold off...and I felt I would not want that to happen to our family pictures. So I've written the names on the back of each one, and put which side of the family they were related to. Hoping future family will feel some attachment to them...

Guest Bedroom... .

{{gwi:1774515}}

Office..

Okay..I'm sure you've had ENOUGH and hope you didn't nod off... The bedrooms are NOT elaborate or fussy and everyone doesn't like 'old' > However, if your like me.. it's nice to see what others are all about, even though it's different.

Thanks again, It's been fun sharing it w/you.

Comments (42)