SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teckelhound

Pottery Barn rug help

teckelhound
12 years ago

After 25 years, I am completely changing the color and furniture in my living room. Time for a definite update. The wallpaper is coming down, and we are painting the ceiling and trim white, but the wall color is yet to be determined. The sagey green carpet is staying (for now) but I am getting a new couch and 2 matching chairs. I am a bit overwhelmed as to where to begin choosing colors. I have decided that the way to go is to pick a Pottery Barn rug that I like, and from there can then make an intelligent choice about fabrics. The wood furniture pieces are either dark espresso or toffee. The only other concern is the kitchen right off the LR is RH Silver Sage, so the new color will need to flow well into it.

I have been looking online at the PB rugs, and see a lot I like. I especially like the colors in Malika. It appears to be mix of light blues, sage green, gold, olive, and rust. But, computer monitors are not reliable, so I am not sure what to do. Should I order samples at $25 a pop of my top 5 favs and see how they look? Decide on the top two, then go to the paint store and ask the consultant's advice?

I am wondering if any one has RH silver sage in a room, and also a PB rug? How did you decide on picking a couch to go with your rug? Were you happy with it a year later?

Any suggestions as to a better way of deciding on color for my room? The wall paper is still up so I can't just go out and buy samples and make sample boards. BUT, we don't want to call the painter until I have decided on a color (DH's way of seeing it). I need to make a decision some how, so I guess the rug will have to be the inspiration. HELP!

Comments (5)