SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw

Repairing or Replacing vintage stove? (pix)

sooz
12 years ago

I love my old Wedgewood stove. It came with the house and I've cooked on it for 31 years. As you can see in the photo below, it has a griddle in the middle, a broiler under the oven (right side), and storage on the entire left side. It also has pilot lights that stay on. I grew up & learned how to cook with an O'Keefe and Merritt, and loved that, and love this old stove, too.

It's 36" wide, 26" deep, 36" tall from the floor to the burners, but 46" tall total.

The oven door just broke on me--I think just one side of the door part (an inside hinge?). It goes from closed to flopping down open. I think if both sides broke, the door would just flop open and stay that way unless I propped it closed.

I'd love to get it fixed. I'd also love to update it so I'd have a vintage look just like this stove, but not have the pilot lights on all the time. Any ideas or suggestions? I googled stove repair in my area, and came up with people who repair all major brands--I'll have to broaden my search criteria.

Comments (14)