SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

How close to the wall can I hang these drapery panels?

10 years ago

My very small bedroom is currently being remodeled. The drapery brackets need to be as shallow as possible so that the drapes will hang close to the wall. The drapes have loops at the top to be gathered on a decorative rod. Drapery fabric is unlined, medium weight polyester. A wall cabinet will be mounted in the corner of the adjacent wall, and the cabinet door will swing into the drapery panel. The widest filler strip that can go into the corner by the cabinet is 3.5". The door frame is 2 1/4"w and mirror will be the center panel in the cabinet door. Therefore, the greatest depth before the mirror begins on the adjacent wall is 5 3/4". Wood blinds are hung inside the window framing so they will not require any clearance. I already have a brass decorative rod, about 3/4" in diameter, and the brackets are 3" deep. It would work with my specifications. Obviously, something beefier would be better. There is 26" between the front of the filler strip and the window opening. Each of the two drapery panels is 48" wide. I think that should be enough fabric to fill about 24" of wall space on either side of the window opening. Sorry for all the rambling, but I'm just trying to see if everything will fit into this tight space. Does all of this sound as though it should work? Where would I be without all the knowledge of you GW forum members?

Comments (4)