SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debramd_gw

Help! How to DoTrompe L'oeil on Found Dresser

debramd
19 years ago

Ever since I read that about a woman using Trompe L'oeil on a vanity table in her bedroom that reflected her personal memories, I have wished to find a way to do this with a find I stumbled on to, an old dresser in great shape.

The one I read of depicted things such as a string of pearls (which had been a gift from a loved one) hanging over the edge, a silver mirror, also a gift, lying on the vanity top, a scarf hanging from a drawer etc.

I would love to do a similar piece that had items which are personal and special to my memories, with the realistic appearance that is achieved doing a Trompe L'oeil.

However, I am no artist. I can do a lot of creative pieces, but I canÂt draw or paint anything like pictures at all. I wondered about using a sort of decoupage of pictures of the items I would like to have on my piece. I am speaking of printed items cut from magazines or found in art prints that would be suitable representations of the items I wished to duplicate.

I think that Trompe L'oeil, however, achieves its realistic appearance through the painting technique used that seems 3 dimensional. Could that same effect be created from pictures?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington