SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanwrites_gw

where to put corner blocks with molding?

susanwrites
13 years ago

We've been adding moldings to the doorways which has gone well but when we reached the fridge, the first try didn't come out very well so now I need some help, please.

First off - we are working with the room we have from the previous owners. It's a great kitchen layout but there's not an inch to spare. They took out a bedroom to get a kitchen nook and to build-in the fridge. They had an ancient sub-zero here but when it died, we replaced it with something else that wasn't as tall (and no, doesn't fit quite flush but there's no for it to go back any more.)

So I'm okay with it sticking out a bit but we're trying to pretty up the rest of it.

Here is what we started with. Not too pretty. :)

Here's is the first try. Not so great. I love the side moldings and the block but I am thinking we need to close up the top, right? And make it a cabinet with doors to match the rest of the kitchen?

The second question is this - the fridge is on an angle. So when we put the molding on the side it looks like it should have blocks on the top here too.

So block on the front AND the side so I see them from either angle? (You'll never see both sides at the same time.) Or blocks on just one side? And if so, which side?

Comments (16)