Just too much

thewallawallaian89

I didnt know where else to post, but I need to vent, so here it is. In the past four years i lost my father to a heart attack ( I am the one who found him, after having to break into his house, I found him dead on the floor) then a month later my step brother succumbed to leukemia. i have had a rough four years since. now I find out, that my cousin(through marriage by my step mother) may have a rare type of breast cancer and i am terrified. She and I are only a few months apart in age (25) and we were raised together as family. I just needed an outlet as i am very upset and have no close friends.

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenoz

There is a grieving forum here on Gardenweb that would, I hope, offer you support. What a dreadful four years it has been for you! In your shoes I could easily be a quivering wreck. Have you considered counselling? It would give you a sympathetic ear and help you to clarify your feelings.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Stillone

Oh Sweetie...I wish I could be there and give you a hug! I can understand your feelings. I was married 10 years ago and my DH brought into my life 3 kids - so I am a stepmom. Anyway, I changed jobs, two months after we were married I realized I was pregnant, then 6 weeks later I had a miscarriage, on top of that I was caring for my sick mother who died 3 years later. I was her caregiver, had to monitor her diabetes, give her shots, etc...and then she developed cancer and was given 6 months to live and died in 3 weeks. It was very trying...One thing that helped was I read a book by Zig Ziglar called Confessions of a Grieving Christian. It was really wonderful and helped me get through those dark days. I'll pray you'll find a good friend whom you can lean on. Take care

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 9 Ways to Appreciate Your House Just as It Is
Look on the bright side — or that soothingly dark corner — to feel genuine gratitude for all the comforts of your home
Full Story
Moving House Hunting: Find Your Just-Right Size Home
Learn the reasons to go bigger or smaller and how to decide how much space you’ll really need in your next home
Full Story
Home Tech Why Google Just Paid $3.2 Billion for a Company That Makes Thermostats
Smart home technology just got a new champion — and everyone is speculating about the reasons
Full Story