SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
never_ending_gw

Do you ever wonder what drives us?

never_ending
14 years ago

All week I've been slaving in my laundry room, I was so tired of going in there seeing the same old stuff and it had been 5 or 6 years since I had last done it. Of course, once the seed has been planted off I go, no time for before pictures,(hope to post after anyway!) Strip wallpaper, paint, re-paint ceiling you know the drill. Decide I need a folding area, built something workable with my son, yada yada on it goes.

Today in the glaring sun, on ladder I take down one set of new curtains, they were okay but not quite right. Search through sets I already have, find something that may work. Climb back up, wrestle with the rods, sweating, jump down, look...okay but I really didn't want to go in that fabric direction again ugh! I know my dining room valances would look fabulous in there but then I would have to begin the long journey of finding something to replace them. All day long I avoid the inevitable and after dinner-you guessed it! I lug the ladder into the dining room to rob the curtains for the laundry room! Up they go, and decide that I don't like the side panels with the sheers and valances so I climb back up and wrestle some more finally satisfied. Quickly I stain the top of the new folding table so I can poly it tomorrow. My point is do you ever wonder what drives us?

Wrestling with curtains all day in search of perfection... Some people (not us who visit here) live perfectly comfortable lives never driven to even paint. Their curtains are fine, they love the prints they've had high over their sofa since they got married. These people live in harmony with their surroundings. I just don't get it don't they ever get bored? For me, I need to have my home visually pleasing and interesting to my own eyes. I am not a constant changer but when I'm over something I will recycle, redo, and rejuvenate at the drop of a hat with laser beam focus. What drives you to decorate?

Comments (34)