SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enigmaquandry

Appliance choices...aaaaagh Lots of questions

enigmaquandry
13 years ago

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. We've been doing some major work in the basement (I"ll be sure to post pics soon!) and I haven't been online much.

We do however have to replace our appliances in the kitchen post haste! Our stove doesn't light and when it does it's in a ball of fire, our fridge is probably 25 years old and is making hissing noises.

Our issue...there is no way that I have found to actually find out the best brands/designs/finishes. If I'm spending hundreds of dollars on an appliance I want it to last for a really really long time and not have to have repairs.

So other than a brand, we're looking at style...My inclination is toward a french door fridge (since the area around it is small and the doors would be nicer if they were small) and a double oven range (I just love the idea of being able to use two ovens simultaneously (I cook and bake A LOT). Any thoughts on these styles? Or others?

Lastly, we're 100% torn with either stainless steel or white. We can't handle black obviously because of our kitchen cabinets. I think white appliances are timeless and I love that. I also love how our current white ones look with the black cabinets. However I HATE white ranges, I only like stainless ones when I see them in showrooms. I really don't like the idea of a stainless fridge because of the fingerprints. Plus I hate hate hate the idea of going along with a fad...If I had my choice I would have a stainless steel double oven and a white french-door fridge, but then we would have a black dishwasher (works fine and blends in so much I don't think it has to count as "matching" the other ones) a white sink, a stainless range and a white fridge...is that insane?

Please help...whimper :)

Comments (20)