SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

Budget bathroom makeover reveal

Tmnca
10 years ago

This is a very low budget makeover of our 1980's master and guest baths. I painted the walls, old cultured marble countertops, and made frames for the mirrors. Total cost for both was around $100 with paint, boards, and supplies, plus the light fixture I ordered.

I did this last week on my first few days of vacation and my heart's not really in it now to get excited, but I am posting it anyway to distract myself from the bad news that I recently received.

I did get a new light fixture for the master, but I don't know when I'll get around to installing it now - some different priorities to attend to. So here they are now...

Master Before
- chipped, stained, yellowed cultured marble countertop
- walls that were painted on one side of the room full gloss with a putty undertone and on the other side a matte with a yellow undertone - like the PO mixed paints to finish the room and they were not only not the same color but not the same finish!
- ugly huge slab mirror, but with no windows the size of the mirror helps bounce light in from the bedroom
-cheap towel bars that had been pulled out of wall and reinstalled at different height

{{!gwi}}

Master After
- walls painted BM Revere Pewter which goes nicely with the floor. The color looks off in these pics and better IRL
- ceiling painted Super White with leftover paint from other projects
- vanity painted Iron Gate which turned out to be a bit more brown than I'd wanted but it's better than what was there.
- built a frame for the mirror
- painted countertop Simply White
- I'll probably add hardware at some point

{{!gwi}}

This is the light fixture that I will eventually install

{{!gwi}}

Guest Bath Before
- same cultured marble countertop - the yellow clashed with the floor (it looked more yellow IRL)
- ugly mirror
- beat up old vanity

{{!gwi}}

Guest Bath After
- painted vanity Simply White
- painted countertop Iron Gate (and painted picture frames to match)
-made frame for mirror

{{!gwi}}

Comments (24)