SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megsy_gw

a Trunk? a Bench? a Rug? All of the above? (loads of pics!)

megsy
14 years ago

Or help me decorate our girls' room!

I'm open to any and all suggestions though there are some new things in the room that I'd like to stay because the husband's head may spin on its axis if I spend more money on things I've already spent money on.

The color is BM 1291 Brighton Rock Candy.

The beds were picked up at a Goodwill several years ago for $50 each. I've been dying to use them but this house (we just moved a few weeks ago) is the first I've been able to do so. I'm in lust with the beds.

The duvets are new. The bedding's not complete, though. Need euro shams, standard shams (those go on the guest bed), something at the foot of the bed. I'm open to replacing the bedskirts.

The curtain panels are new. I love the look of them tho I'm somewhat concerned with all this white. I'm hoping the bedding and a rug breaks this up some because I do like the clean feeling of all the white, you know?

The wall decor is moveable, changeable, etc. We just hung what we had from the old house for the meantime.

The "dresser" is new and really is much cuter in real life. It's a shame how the pic doesn't do it justice (or maybe it's the unfolded clothes I tossed in there to take the pic?? LOL).

The end table under the christening gowns is old as dirt. I picked it up at a garage sale several years ago with the intention of refinishing it but we all know about that road of good intentions ... I do want to either replace it or refinish it if you guys think it's salvageable.

Of course I'd *like* to keep the new stuff but if you feel strongly that something has to go, please don't hold back.

The ceiling fan's getting replaced. It's one of the standard builder cheapos. I just haven't gotten around to picking one.

So here's what I was thinking ... either put a trunk or cute bench in front of the window between the beds. Maybe a bench would be cuter because I could throw some coordinating pillows on it?

And of course, a rug. 5" round, maybe? But I'm having a hard time finding one I like. Suggestions welcome.

Here are the pics from the different angles of the room and the layout as well. The entry to the room is actually angled but I cut it off because I didn't feel like drawing it. I don't think it matters for the purposes of this, though.

Layout:

What you see when standing at the door:

Walking in a little:

Turning ...

Turning ...

View from the lavatory:

Holding the camera in front of the christening gowns (hence the crookedness; it was the furthest back I could get the camera):

Comments (30)