SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamar_422

I just love my 20 yo SS today

tamar_422
17 years ago

Such a weird day. DH flew to Washington state today with 17 yo SS to take him to residential treatment center. SS won't be admitted until Monday morning, so they are staying in a hotel tonight. DH called and said son was in good spirits.

Yesterday, 20 yo SS had come home from college, as he as been for the last 2 weeks, to visit his brother in the hospital one last time. He then had dinner with BM, and came home. He was going to drive back to school last night, but decided to stay. We had such a nice talk today. Bear in mind this was the SS I was going to kill the summer of 2005. He told me it was a "culture shock" coming to live in our home after living with BM. Rules, no pot smoking, no underage drinking, all new stuff for him. He said it p*##ed him off then, but he totally understands now why. We talked about what's been going on with SS #2. He said he could understand why his brother wanted to go back to live with BM, since, "you have totally different parenting styles," but he thinks that may have not been the best thing for brother. Coming from my older SS, I feel so much better about my parenting. That was probably the best thing he could have said to me.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio