SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nerdyshopper

How To Start a Countertop Remodel

nerdyshopper
14 years ago

My wife and I are ready to get estimates for a new counter-top that we want to install in our kitchen. We have a disagreement on the process. Based on on-line suppliers, I started making a diagram of our existing counter with the sink and surface range shown. She feels that the process should start with a contractor coming to our home and making the measurements himself and giving an estimate.

To locate someone to do the job, I went to the manufactures sites and had them send me a list of all authorized dealers in our area. That, coupled with a short list of kitchen re-modelers and granite yards from the yellow pages, is all that I can come up with to find someone. I assume that re-modelers then sub-contract the actual counter-top installation to an experienced installer for any type of material we select. Of course that means we must first go to dealers and select the counter-top material and back-splash.

Is there a recommended process for going about getting the job done? Any installer at the forum or a homeowner whose been through this process would know a lot more than us.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022