SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Found in So. Calif. Can you believe it?

luvstocraft
13 years ago

My neighbor took me to some garage sales yesterday. Didn't find too much except some really nice avocados 3 for $1, a couple of aprons for $1.50, and these!

I held up one and asked the lady "how much" since there was no price on them. She said $5, so I thought $10 for the pair. I showed my friend and she said take it over to her and ask if she would take $3. I carried both skates over and asked nicely, and she said "those are pretty old, they belonged to my Aunt". I said, "Oh, maybe I shouldn't buy them then, I just wanted a pair to paint a design on and hang on my door for Christmas". She said "I think that would be a great way for them to be honored" and sold me the pair for $3.00! I couldn't believe it!

I know some of you have painted skates before because that made me hunt for some a year or so ago and I couldn't find any. Any tips for me? Do I need to spray on a matte sealer first? Should I spray paint them? I've got lots of Christmas designs, just have to pick a good one for them. I'll probably google painted skates for some ideas too. If you've painted any, I'd love to see what you did with your's.

Luvs

Comments (10)