SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fatquarters_gw

The reno must go on-BUT I am confused

fatquarters
14 years ago

Last fall we started another project. The bathroom. We tore out all the tile, made some purchases, retiled the floor in a charcol colored tile, started installing a shower(unit, not a tiled one), Then my DH/DIY/carpenter fell off a ladder and had a bad injury. He injured his arm very badly and was unable to continue, so we have been stuck mid reno since then.

Now we are almost ready to continue but I have had way too much time to think and second guess our decisions. We have a white shower when you walk in, the vanity and cabinet are to the right, and the potty to the right of that. Across from the vanity is the white tub.

The white fixtures are staying but the vanity is being replaced.

Finally my question! Would you put wood cabinets-or white?

DH will be making them custom. I want shaker style doors. Wall color is open for discussion as is lighting and counter top. I like clean lines, not too much clutter, but not too modern. I like things comfortable, and casual. I just can't figure out what to do. I don't want it to be too dark, so white might be good, but I want the cabinets to look nice with the tile.

We may take the left side of the vanity to the ceiling to give it more division from the toilet as well as extra storage

WWYD???????????

P.S. I am trying to show you pics but am having problems so I will post this message first and them com back with pics--I hope

Comments (10)