SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691163

Analyzing what makes a small house seem spacious

14 years ago

Looking at buddyrose's pictures made me think about the tiny house blog that emagineer posted one time. tiny house (I need to bookmark the blog instead of the thread or I'm going to lose it one day.)

I've always known it was all about simplifying and decluttering, but it is so obvious when you look at buddyrose's before and after pictures and the tiny house too.

There is nothing wrong with buddyrose's before pictures. They're terribly cute, but all the patterns and ruffles take up as much visual space as too much furniture in a room. Take the dining room for example. The dark curtains and table cloths overpower the room. Even the color around the two smaller windows draw attention to them, making the room busy. Where reversing the colors with the light color on the walls and white trim and shutters, puts the attention on only one place - the table.

I've never been a fan of slip covers, even though every decorating magazine seems to love them. They always seem wrinkled and sloppy. Buddyrose's pictures show how clean lines and simple accessories expand a room.

Thanks again for sharing those, buddyrose.

Comments (2)