SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandracis

when is enough enough?

sandracis
10 years ago

I have posted here before and always get good advice. My story: 2.5 year relationship, he has a young child, we live together and the child stays with us part time. Also relevant is the fact that this man cheated on me with the child's mother as well as someone else, confusing my feelings still although it happened a year ago. My question is, how do you decide if and when to end. relationship? I really love my spouse and his child but I am starting to have doubts about the long term stress and aggravation this relationship brings me. A huge part of the problem is the lack of boundaries between my bf and his ex. I have asked and asked and asked that when I find something inappropriate, he actually addresses it with her, but he never seems to agree with me on what is appropriate and what is not. For instance, she recently asked him to dinner with her and her family. This crosses a line to me and considering his history of infidelity, I have requested no extra communication between them apart from about the child. He says this isn't a big deal and anyways, "he isn't the one doing it, she is." I'm just feeling tired of everything and questioning whether I want my energy, money, and focus to forever flow outside of my relationship. I also wonder about missing out on having that unique "first time" experience of having a child with someone. How can I figure out what's best for me without regretting walking away OR staying?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions