SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

SW paint advice please

rjinga
13 years ago

I know I just posted this on Ttodds posting about the SW sale, but I'm going to go and pick up some "raw" uncolored paint tomorrow (mainly because I dont know exactly what colors I'll want/need and the sale ends Saturday.

but I'd like to know what your experiences have been with the different types of paint that they sell and what you might recommend.

I would say primarily, I'll be buying it for furniture that I'll be painting, I need a nice matte black and an off white color..AND?????

Other than that, I'll be buying some oil based paint and/or primer for my kitchen countertop redo. Have virtually NO experience using oil based paints, so any help tips, suggestions, recommendations would be most welcome.

One blog I found on redoing the laminate countertops (not from GW)mentions an alkyd oil paint and then another references using an oil based enamal paint. since this will be a high traffic area, what do you think would be best?

I see SW (at least on line) sells both the all surface enamal and an alkyd enamal

Comments (3)