SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ehs20815

pro-style range island trim design prob--please, help!

ehs20815
16 years ago

2 months ago, I ordered and paid for a Thermador Pro Harmony 36" AG plus an island trim. I have a decorative area behind my range that I'm hoping to highlight, so imagine my surprise when I found out yesterday from my contractor that the island trim is 3" above the GRATES, not 3" above the surface of the range as I had been assured by the salesman. To the salesman's credit, he is willing to take back the Thermador and extend the earlier (pre price increase) price on a Wolf or Viking 36", both of which have island trims that are nearly flush with the grates. But even with the "grandfathering" of pricing, I'd still be spending an extra $1000+ just to avoid having those 3 inches of steel jutting into my backsplash design.

I'm not proud of how TKO (and, let's face it, completely wasteful, superficial and crazy) this sounds, but I'm seriously considering just spending the extra money so my backsplash looks the way I want. I'm worried that if I don't, I'll spend the next 10 years (and I cook a lot) regretting it.

What do you think? Has anyone else run into this? I'm nuts, right?

Comments (11)