SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

Hello fellow small house owners! Newbie!

ponce418
16 years ago

i frequent the gardening boards & sometimes pop over to the home boards, but this is my 1st post here. i gotta say i've loved reading everything you guys have to say thus far.

hubbie & i bought our little lake cottage 3 yrs ago. while its the perfect little slice of heaven to us, i'm sure some of our family & friends don't agree. we have a small, galley style kitchen w/ 2 counters & 7 cabinets in total. kitchen table only comfortably seats 3. our living room is a decent size. i keep all the overflow from the kitchen in our laundry room. then there's 2 bedrooms & the garage (FILLED w/ stuff since we're remodeling at the moment).

no storage for us in the basement 'cause we don't HAVE a basement. nope. water table's too high for that. we have a crawlspace. the big news is that we plan to purchase a shed nice spring for addl storage. Ohhh!

oh, and our house has a combined two closets in total.

how do we get buy? well, for starters furniture doesn't get purchased if it can't do double duty. example: our coffee table. it has cabinets on both sides for storage. same goes for the bench near the garage door. it opens up to reveal even MORE storage options. little by little w/ alittle creativity & "out of the box" thinkin' we've made it work. and personally, i wouldn't live any other way.

the motto of our home is "we don't want what we don't need."

we've also spent ALOT of time working on the backyard. until the deep snow arrives, that's our additional living space. got ourselves an outdoor living set, fire pit, patio, so unless its raining, really cold or storming, we entertain outside as much as possible.

anyway, that's our story. now tell me, true, how do you make your little slice of heaven work for you?

Comments (6)