SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodokus

Finally painted our bedroom EK Gustavian grey

jodokus
10 years ago

Sorry I can't post pictures because I'm not technically savvy, but I wanted everyone to know the Ellen Kennon Gustavian grey is GORGEOUS. My husband and I both like it so much. It is such a calming and soothing color.

At first it was a bit of a shock because the room was painted a very, very pale yellowish white before. I thought the Gustavian grey would be just a pale, barely-there wash of color, so it was sort of a shock to my brain to see it, but by the next day I was IN LOVE.

Most people would consider this a light color; however, since I'm accustomed to super pale colors, I'm going to call this a medium shade.

In the morning, it has a sort of greyish cast. As the day wears on, the beautiful blue comes out, and at night, a very subtle greenish cast can be seen mixed with the blue. The way the color changes so much is really spectacular. It's as if the color is alive.
The quality of the paint itself was excellent. According to the paint calculator, I was going to need to buy two gallons to give two coats. Well, one can miraculously did the whole job with two coats. We used the eggsell finish, and Ellen said that gives more coverage. Still, we got way more coverage than we should have.

I know that the name "Glidden" doesn't have the best reputation, but folks, this is not the Glidden paint you get at the hardware store. This stuff used to be sold by Dulux and was called Lifemaster (I used the same paint back then) and recently it was bought out by another company and the Glidden name was added to Lifemaster, but it's still the top-quality Lifemaster paint, so don't let the Glidden name scare you away. It is excellent-quality paint.

I couldn't be happier!

Comments (10)