SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastcoastmom_gw

Wall color for kitchen with creamy/glazed cabinets?

eastcoastmom
14 years ago

We are down to some of the last few decisions on our new kitchen and I think paint color has to be the most challenging one yet. In person, depending on the light and time of day, the cabinets, which are called "buttercream" can vary from off white to slightly yellow/beige. The hood goes up to the ceiling, but wall cabinets do not, so there is going to be paint color showing above the cabinets. Not sure if I should match or contrast in that situation.

Granite will be New Venetian Gold, floors Early American oak, and backsplash likely a limestone or tumbled marble. Hardware will be oil rubbed bronze, stainless steel undermount sinks, range and satin nickel faucets. Lighting will be neutral.

I was originally thinking I would do Sherwin Williams Blonde - it is a couple of shades darker than my cabinets and would look great in the as yet to be decorated family room (which is completely open to the kitchen), however I am concerned that it might bring out too much of the yellow in my cabinets. Dining room is a warm gold beige faux finish and opens to the space, so I don't want to go too far over to the taupe side.

Any suggestions or inspiration pictures? Thanks!

Comments (15)