SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Need your help with new house idea :)

lavender_lass
12 years ago

I was just looking at the 'Baby Boom' kitchen and I had this crazy/wonderful idea...and I'd like to know what you all think. Also, I want to say I really appreciate you sticking with me on this, because none of my friends have any interest in it...they all say, why do you want to fix up that old house?

Anyway, looking at the pictures, I thought, what if I took down the non-load bearing wall, between the living room and bedroom (which is newer construction 1950) and made that one big room. I could leave walls on either side, with a big opening in between. This would give us the fireplace in the dining area of the kitchen, plenty of work area and room for a HUGE table, for company/family. A big window seat in the front and lots of dish storage, desk, etc.

Of course, it means I have no living room/TV area, but we could move that to the former kitchen/dining area and figure out another place for the bedroom...or ideally, maybe even an additional small bedroom/study.

I have no plans drawn out yet, but I just wanted your input on the kitchen/dining area idea. What do you think? Crazy, wonderful...or both? LOL

Here are some pictures, to give you an idea of the look I'm going for....and again, thank you for ALL the help :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here's Laura Calder's kitchen, which is also white and blue, with a large window over the sink (looking out to the back pasture, in my case :)

{{!gwi}}

I'd love to have a big island, between the kitchen and dining room, with a marble top and a big wooden cutting board.

{{!gwi}}

And a big table (that gets huge with leaves) and some french style chairs, like these, all in front of the brick fireplace.

{{!gwi}}

And my usual french accents, like these...

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

A pretty light over the table...and the same backsplash and countertops.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And maybe the sunroom, off the kitchen area...

{{!gwi}}

Comments (21)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio