SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertsteph

A question on having a disposal - or a stinky sink!

desertsteph
11 years ago

I've been smelling something bad in my kitchen. not much food prep goes on in there yet - zilch really. made some toast and that's it. but I think I tracked the smell down.

my sink w/a disposal. that does not work. it didn't work and the electrician just disconnected it. A thought just hit me that maybe he just unplugged it and I could plug it in (will one of you come plug it in for me? thx). I think it's scary under there.

The question is about having one there that doesn't work. Water started to not go down on that side of the sink. I had to get out the plunger - and it finally went down. I expect it'll happen again tho.

I'm on a septic and don't really want a disposal. Haven't had one in over 20 yrs and haven't missed it. But the water 'pipes' in here are a plastic tube. good grief. The piping under the sink in my old place looks like regular piping (but it leaks).

I mentioned this tube stuff to my BIL sometime back and I swear he told me that's what they are using now. That's what they have in their many 100's K $ home built a few yrs ago. This can't be true, can it? Tell me he lied to me - lol! or I misunderstood him. I'll ask him again...

anyway, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just get a cheap/small disposal to have put in so that I can just run it to clear stuff out now and again. I did buy a plastic flower looking thing w/tiny holes to put over that drain so things wouldn't fall into it.

words of wisdom from my wise friends here?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths