SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

Help! Signing up to do craft fairs!

loribee2
11 years ago

So, I've been a busy little bee making mosaic pendants. I've got about 45 of them made now, and have found that I can easily crank out about a dozen in a weekend if I don't have much else to do. Soo.....I've decided to do a few craft fairs and try to recoup some of the cost of my materials.

I plan on selling these pendants:

And these mushrooms:

And in smaller quantities, a few of my critters and flowers:

I sell the pendants and smaller mushrooms for $20. They cost under $5 to make, and as I read up on craft fairs, everyone is pretty universal on the idea that items $20 and under are the best sellers.

So here is my question:

How many of these do you think I should have in my inventory to do a well-attended local craft fair? Is 100 necklaces enough? 50 mushrooms?

My quandary is how many shows to sign up for. The three I'm looking at are in July, August and November. So if I get cleaned out in the first one in July, I'm not going to have a lot of time to rebuild my inventory (I work full-time).

Of course, I may be fantasizing that I'll sell a million, haha. But after paying the $100 show fee, I definitely want to make sure I've made enough product to get my money's worth for the day. On the flipside, I don't want to kill myself trying to make so many that I burn out and never want to nip a tile again as long as I live.

Any ideas or suggestions? Experience anyone can share?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County