SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katsmah

corner cabinet at end of wall run?

katsmah
13 years ago

I had a first design meeting with a KD/Contractor this weekend. I am having a passthru enlarged to open the sink wall up as much as possible to the family room, but due to plumbing constaints there will still be some wall left. He designed a corner cabinet with a 3 tier lazy susan for the end of that wall run instead of the 12" deep cabinet I was expecting. He said that if would provide easier access to items in the end cabinet. Right now I have a blind corner cabinet in that space, so I really can't tell. Is there a better option?

At the other end of that run of wall cabinets I'm having a wall removed and a penisula added between the kitchen and dining room. The upper cabinet on that end was designed so it will end 12" shorter than the base cabinet. That also appears odd to me, though he said it was so someone at the end of the peninsula wouldn't have a cabinet in their face. This isn't a breakfast bar area, only to give me more counter and lower cabinet space. Is that standard practice?

Comments (25)