SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

Progress with BM

ceph
16 years ago

There's a few new posters lately, so I'll give a quick background to catch them up. Skip the first paragraph if you know the story about my BF's son's mom.

My BF has an 8 yo son, A__. A__'s mom is far from the nightmare that many posters here have, but she can be pretty rude and selfish. I've known my BF for about five years, so I met her once or twice at social gatherings over that time, and at pick-up, but then when we were all out for a mutual friend's birthday party last fall, she "forgot" my name... She has (seemingly) very deliberately excluded me from her responses to A__'s story about his weekend - he says "Dad and I did ___ and ___. Ceph and I did ___ and ___" and she replies "Good that you and Dad had fun"... She won't send any toys or tell my BF what he's really into these days "because he has toys at my house"... She changes plans at the last minute a lot... So these things are just annoying, but she's not trying to break us up or abusing her son or anything like that, so it's not anything dire that I can't work with or live with.

Now, for the progress with BM.

A__ told that BF and I live together (we don't, but sometimes A__ accidentally mangles what he's trying to say and/or tells fibs) and she called to ask if he was right. She actually used my name and got it right! Yay! She didn't say "your GF" or use a name similar to mine but not right - she acknowledged that I have an identity and said "Well, A__ seems pretty happy about Ceph, so it would be good if you guys did live together"

I nearly fainted when BF told me that!

I had to call her last weekend because my BF's dad mucked up some plans for a surprise party for my BF and BF snipped at her about it because he thought it was her fault (long story). I snuck off to call her to apologize, say that the plan change was really my fault and I'm sorry that he snipped at her for all this. She just laughed and said "No don't worry, it's no problem. Thanks for calling though because I was really confused!"

She commented to BF the other day that it's really nice that A__ likes me so much and that my good relationship with him, and his ready acceptance of me has given her confidence about introducing A__ to her boyfriend!

Yahoo!! Things are looking up!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor