SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eatrealfood

Final Choices...help with fan

EATREALFOOD
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I made up a board showing all my final choices because I was second guessing everything. Also I'm a visual person and couldn't convince myself of the colors until I saw it all in one place. I love so many different photos that Lavender posts that she's messing me up. :P

Here are my selections, style is "eclectic"

1) uppers, refrigerator panel & bookcase(open pantry) soft white Shaker inset

2) lowers Cherry Coffee Shaker inset, 3 bases all slab drawers, 1 sink with Shaker panel door.

3) brushed nickel cup pulls & knobs

4) Large 31 1/2x19 1/2 SS undercount sink, I really revolted against my previous SS over mount sink. THE SIZE of the box scares me however I know I will love it when I wash my stock pots/cookie sheets. Satin nickel pull down faucet/cold water filter/soap dispenser. I mixed finishes throughout the room but they are all in the silver family.

5) Multi color "slate look" porcelain floor

6) Paint: walls will be painted to match soft white uppers if the current green makes room too dark. Green looks great with cherry so we'll see.

7) Pendants: nickel/white I know four pendants is a lot for a small room but I went with function over form.

8) under cabinet lights to come, Philips LED power core light bars and maybe at some later date cover lighting.

9) Counter: Soapstone

The last thing to choose is a ceiling fan. A ceiling fan you say, with all those pendants ?! Yes I need a fan. No HVAC system...:( and no built in AC :( :(

The room that opens to the kitchen has a 20+year old Hunter gold metal/wood blade fan with a 3 glass light kit. I am keeping it since it works and matches the other 2 fans that I have in the bedrooms. So all 4 rooms will have fans.

I'm thinking of a metal cage ceiling fan to keep it more open looking. My last choice is a smaller white fan. The fanmation metal fans circulate the air better than any standard blade fans. If you see any ceiling metal fans you like please post. I will post others as I find them. I have to find out if you can easily remove the cage for cleaning...

Thank you.

(It's so humid tonight I could use it now ! I can't use my aforementioned Living room fan since I knocked it with a 2x4 and it's unstable...)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!