SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pezabelle

Mid Week Comedy

pezabelle
14 years ago

Here it is mid week and still so much to do. We have spent the last three days removing everything from and around our pond. Tons of rocks and all of the plants and the fishie's too, along with buckets of mud. After cleaning it all out, and starting replacing everything and started to refill the pond with water so that the fish could be safe and back at home. We thought our DS had turned off the water pump when the pond was about 1/3 full. He didn't! This morning I got up earlier than normal, I looked out at the pond and water was running over the top. No damage done other than wet sidewalks and I don't need to water the lawn today. But wonders of wonders - the water is clear! What a relief! The pumps and filters have now been running about 4 hours and still clear water. Maybe we have finished with the mud.

Next comes the porch and deck, we are going to sand them down and re-stain them. We use a blue/grey (or is it gray) color rather than the wood stain. There is enough brown and green in our yard without more. That corner of our yard is all trees and bushes. I really wanted to paint our walkways but DH pursed his lips and that was enough for me to know not to press the point, but maybe someday.

Luvs....you noticed my crocks. They were DH's grandmothers and she gave them to me. She was still using them at the age of 90 - they are a treasure to me. I have never used them other than for decorations. DH made a circle to fit over the top, but it was wood and wood floats..you get the picture. So, I just turned it over. As you can see I still haven't gotten the fire extinguisher hung. Funny how we can overlook things until we see them in a picture. The hanging was a scrap of pillow material that I cut down and added a border and the tabs to hang it by. I like that I can put it up for fall and leave it up thru Halloween. I love the fall colors best of all!

Our night are really cooling off - mid 40's - but the day have been awesome, 92 yesterday and mid 80 for the rest of the week. Great for all of the yard work that needs to be done except for the trimming which really need a freeze first. Ah! so sad that I can't do that now. hehehe

And as it is warm enough to get back into the pond to replace the last of the rock or as DH calls them "bolders," I will say........Ya' All Have A Great Week!

Belle

PS...sorry about the length of this post, but as I have said before I don't write notes, I write chapters!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH