SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anjabee

I'm painting today but it's no fun!!

anjabee
16 years ago

I'm finally getting around to painting my stairwell. Been threatening to do it for months, but never got around to it. Today's the day. I am so afraid of heights that I think that's why I've been putting it off. Perched up that high on a ladder on stairs is not my idea of a good time. ha Thought I'd try to get it done to surprise DH when he gets home from his trip tomorrow. I'll wait and see if he even notices. ha

Had a little crisis last night when I was wishing he was home. The kids were messing with the hose outside late yesterday evening and came running inside saying the water wouldn't turn off. Great!! I go out there and sure enough, pouring out full blast and wouldn't turn off. Had to go turn it off at the main valve. That worked, but then no water was going to our swamp cooler (aka A/C). Had to fix it. These are the times that it's nice to have a man around the house, but never fear women of the world, I took matters into my own hands. I tried getting the whole spout off, but alas, I did not have the strength for that so I ended up taking just the knob part off. Noticed that the gasket was torn, but didn't know if that would cause it not to shut off. Ran to Lowes and they had nothing that would compare to what I needed so I improvised and found a part that looked kind of like it might work to use in it's place. Got home and it almost worked, but didn't have the same screw on piece. Just a little too small. So I took the old one and the new one apart and swapped gaskets, said a prayer, and replaced the old one. Tada!!! Yes, it worked. Whew. So we didn't flood the house or have heat stroke in our beds last night because I, well I and the good Lord, fixed the faucet! ha I fixed something!! ha Can you tell I'm proud?? ha Well, I never thought I was that handy before and yes it was only a little gasket, but I didn't have a clue what to do when I started out and I only swore once during the whole long dark ordeal. (dark because the kids had been using my flashlight and didn't plug it back in so I only had a speck of light to work with!)

So that's what I've been doing this weekend so far. What are you working on Luvs? ~Anj

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus