SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Crystals and Feng shui anyone?

14 years ago

In the thread about Minimalist Living, we wandered into the realm of the crystal. So I'm taking our discussion of crystals and other feng shui elements over to its own place.

One thing I've bought from several sources is a solar powered rainbow maker. It is a little crystal suspended below a tiny solar panel and a unit inside clear plastic where you can see the gears turning. Over the last 10 years, I've had several of these. Mostly they stay in place until the suction cup securing them to the window dries out totally and it lets go. All you need do is stick it back up. But for a plastic gear box it is pretty durable and can take some accidents without breaking.

What I have to do is clean the crystal regularly so it will refract the light better.

Here is what it looks like:

This one is available from Target.com online and you can search for it under SOLAR POWERED RAINBOW MAKER. It costs $24.99 and that's been the price for about 8 years that I know of. A friend gave me my first one, and I've purchased several more since then. I have two on the east and west wall of my sun porch where the parrots can see it. And I have one in the west window of our front bedroom. The rainbows circle the room like a merrygoround if I lie down to rest in there. Of course, it needs DIRECT SUNLIGHT.

I also have crystals hanging from the ceiling fan pull cords, not as sun catchers, but as pulls for the fan itself.

And as for feng shui, I have windchimes. I love the ones from two places: GRACE NOTE CHIMES, and J. W. STANNARD.

Both are tuned musically, and they are sheer magic. I say they are the voices of the wind.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County