SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Panels on DW, ovens, fridge, etc.

sayde
15 years ago

How do you feel about matching cabinetry panels on appliances?

Our house is 1927 tudor-esque. Kitchen needs to be appropriate. White with stainless is an option. But, was looking at the lovely kitchen on the cover of the May June BHG Kitchen issue -- the one with the minty tea green cabs. Other than that particular color, the kitchen was TDF. Noticed that she had used panels on the fridge.

Related issue -- it seems that ranges just seem to fit better with "period style" kitchens than separate wall ovens with range-tops. Or am I all wrong about this? I asked DH what he thought of the green kitchen and only comment was -- no range. want wall ovens. And I do agree. But how to get the right balance between function and period style?

I noticed that Christopher Peacock used both SS range and wall ovens in refectory and it looks great.

And no panels. But, panels can solve some problems . . .

One would think that a designer would help, but at the end of the day, the options are all out there, and you yourself have to make the right choice for you.

Sorry for the long rambling post, but would appreciate any thoughts and pictures related to this issue. . .

Comments (27)