SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
movin_on

Our little house needs some tweek'in (pic)

movin-on
16 years ago

As empty nesters we are looking to purchase a small house 794sf which we will use 6months a year. We don't expect houseguest, and if we do, we can use our RV which is parked on the other side of the patio.

I've tried to draw the plan ... but I'm not very professional, but hopefully the layout can be understood.

I keep fighting with two areas of the house and with every inch at a premium I just wonder if there is a way to rework them and ask for your help.

The first is the kitchen. The fridge sits right next to the wall which means we will have difficulty opening the fridge door more than 90o. I would really like to see this changed somehow.

The second is the utility room, we are considering adding a little computer area, but there is so much space - can it be used better? I have considered re-arranging the utility and kitchen, but I don't have the vision.

Finally, and not quite as important, the hallway between the bath and bedroom is really wide.. about 5', can this space be improved upon???

I should also mention the main/front door is near the bedroom and we are considering adding the second door to stop the walking thru the L.R. which I have drawn next to the kitchen

I cannot move the exterior walls (we are on a slab), but I think we can modify some of the interior walls. So, my question: Can improvements be made to improve the flow, maximize space and enjoy our little house even more??

Thanks in advance for the help

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!