SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

School Project Ideas

becky_ia
15 years ago

My grandsons school has a special dinner auction/fundraiser every year to raise money for technology and I always I try and do something special to help with it.

Each grade level does a special class project which always bring top dollar because the children have a hand in creating the item. In the past, they have made quilts with their pictures, or sayings, Christmas tree skirts with their drawings, etc. Parents of the children bid on these one of a kind items, and they bring hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars all for the good of the school. Every penny goes directly back to the school for the children.

This year, I have been asked by one of the teachers, to help come up with something different....they want to make two mosaic benches. So I am trying to come up with two different "themes" that can be used, with the help of the children. So far, I have thought of doing one bench using their school sports mascot "Panthers" and in the colors of purple and gold. The other idea I had was doing one with jungle animals.

But what makes the item really coveted is if the item shows each child personally identified. So this is my brainstorm....to take a large 1/2 marble and put each child's picture under it and then use them in the grand design some way. Like centers for flowers, or stars in a sky.

Any other thoughts or suggestions from others who have done similiar projects. I have two months to get two benches ready and it is just in the planning stages right now. Is this "doable"?

Becky

Comments (14)

Sponsored