SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ster00ling

Kenmore 158.12310 and Singer 1484

ster00ling
16 years ago

I was fortunate enough to get a brand new sewing machine for Christmas to replace the other two (listed above) that I received some years back. Both are great machines and have served me, my mother, and my grandmother well, but they have stopped working properly. The Kenmore sews, but cannot wind bobbins and it need an adjustment in the tension department. The Singer on the other hand, will wind bobbins, but other than that, lets just say it needs some love. My question is, do you know anyone/any place that would be interested in these to under the circumstances of knowing they don't exactly work they best they can. THANKS.

Comments (5)

• ruthieg__tx
    16 years ago

Why don't you just donate them to goodwill or salvation army...you can get a tax write off and people who want to buy it can check them out before they buy...The truth is that people who need a machine and need a bargain often go to those places to find one..

• ster00ling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks - I probably will. I didn't know if maybe there was a woman's shelter or something like that who might need them, probably not if they don't work though.

• got2bjennyg
    16 years ago

Those machines probably just need some minor servicing. Perhaps a new bobbin winder tire (that is only a 50 cent part) for the Kenmore. Anyhow, there are folks that will fix them up and keep them out of the landfill, so dontaing them to GoodWill or the Salvation Army or [perhaps aChurch rummage sale are great ideas.

You could also list it on your local freecycle list. (www.freecycle.org)

JennyG

• ster00ling
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks. I've decided to go the easy route and yard sale/goodwill them. Thank you to all for your input.

• nurjane
    6 years ago

Yes, very old thread; do you still own the Kenmore? I would be interested in it!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions