SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sail_away

Water Spots on SS Sinks

sail_away
10 years ago

I have been enjoying my new SS single bowl sink so much---I think I'm as excited about that as I am about the new granite countertops and upcoming backsplash. I'm firmly in the single-bowl camp of sinks, so finallly having a single bowl after 20+ years of discontent with my double sink is proving to be just as wonderful as I thought it would be.

However, I had forgotten about the water spots that come with SS. I stil prefer that over the constant black marks on my cast iron sink. However, my new sink is so pretty, I hated to see it marred by the all the spots. I read all the advice, and the main constant was to dry the sink after every use. I would just read that, roll my eyes, and say, "Yeah, right!"

Recently, though, I realized that almost all of the water spotting occurs on the back wall of the sink and, what does occur elsewhere isn't that noticeable. I have a magnetic rod on the side of the sink that holds my dishcloth, which is nearly always dry. I realized I could quickly wipe off the water (which beads up on the SS surface until it settles into water spots) with the dry dishcloth with no trouble at all. So now, when I use the sink, the last thing I do is quickly wipe the back wall of the SS sink. Each time I approach the sink now I find myself smiling at the lovely, gleaming, spot-free surface. It's a little thing, but it makes a big difference.

Of course, the sink still gets regular cleaning all over with baking soda and vinegar, but in between it stays so pretty now. You clever people here have probably already come up with your own way of dealing with the spots (including just ignoring them), but I thought I'd share mine.

Comments (10)