SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
equinecpa

Vacation Rental Home in CO

equinecpa
13 years ago

I'm looking to purchase some land in CO Rockies this spring-it'll be about 35 acres. The plan is to construct a nice cabin to live in for summers only until we get a feel for the land. This cabin will double as a vacation rental when we're not there.I like Adobe/Straw Bale type homes.

One of my big hangups is that I absolutely want some kind of mudroom type entry. I don't care if it is a screened porch or an actual mudroom - I just need a space to bring muddy dogs into to dry off. I prefer one floor plans but wouldn't be opposed to a cabin with loft. I'd prefer it to be either 2 bedrooms or one bedroom with 2nd sleeping area in loft.

The desired square footage is only around 1000 square feet. I desire an open kitchen/living room arrangement as well as lots of windows to take in the view I know we'll have as well as a covered front porch.

Has anyone seen any plans in their travels that would fit this bill. I've visited many of the straw bale home sites including the one with about 50 plans but still haven't found the one that has the desired entry.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor