SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyinmich

Do more Americans have Smaller or Larger Homes?

Nancy in Mich
11 years ago

This is from a thread on Kitchens in which someone posted information from an article about European kitchen trends. One of the Kitchens people had this to say. I thought that her statement (below) was interesting. It made me wonder how true her statement is. What do you Smaller Homers think? Do most Americans have huge homes and kitchens? (The middle paragraph is a quote from the article.)

"Thanks for the link nosoccermom. Very interesting. The notion behind the quote below about the absence of upper cabinets in Europe stroke me as ironic:

"While this trend is very popular in Europe, it still remains to be seen whether it can make its way into the North American kitchens, where upper cabinets are still loved and very much seen as a necessity."

Ironic, or incongruous, as space is tight in Europe, homes and kitchens are smaller, and if any kitchen truly needed uppers, you would think in would be European kitchens. We have all the space in the world in North America, and most have huge homes and kitchens. But uppers are viewed as a necessity. Go figure. "

It is Nancy again. No one I know has a huge kitchen or all the space in the world. But my microcosm may be just as confined as the microcosm of the person I am quoting. What do you think?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Hottest New European Kitchen Trends

Comments (6)