SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

use of child support

mom2emall
16 years ago

Ima mentioned the misuse of cs,and I think that is a big deal. Here is a guy paying over a thousand a month for his dd, but the money is not going to her. Instead the mom is off partying and the grandma is left to support the child, without receiving any of the child support! I think that is wrong!

Now I do see cases where the ncp and their spouse complain about how cs is being used and they are ridiculous. My ex tried telling me once that the $90 a week he gave me should cover all extras for our child and that I should be putting most of that money in the bank for our childs college! I had to point out to him that child care was more than that per week and our child needed food, clothes, and a home. My ex finally opened his eyes and realized how his money was being spent. Don't get me wrong, there were times when I had extra money and put some away for our child, but most of the time I was forced to use the money on living expenses.

There are also other cases where the child support is extremely high and the money is being used for the cp to maintain a ritzy lifestyle and they are not using the money to buy the child the things they need. I have seen kids walk around with raggedy shoes and clothes while the cp is walking around in expensive clothes, and the kids are young so you know it is not the style the child picked out.

I think that cs should be used to help support the child! Alimony is used to support the ex, cs should not be.

Comments (4)