SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephand_gw

sounded so easy....soapstone woes

16 years ago

We are DIY for our kitchen dining room remodel. I have learned so much from this forum and IKEA fans and I have planned the most wonderful kitchen for our budget and space and am getting closer to seeing an actual kitchen mid month. But, I'm having trouble getting the sink and the soapstone.....

I could have ordered things months ago but it just doesn't seem right to have everything sitting there, possibly damaged while I waited for the someday progress. So I patiently waited and kept researching and asked dh to plan a two week vacation before he ripped out the sink and dishwasher and to let me know before hand so I could start ordering.

Well, he let me know about 3 weeks ago and that vacation starts Monday. Since then my square sink from galaxy has been out of stock - although I'm assured it's on the boat and will arrive soon. Really it's the only one I want and just the right size and price....

Months ago I ordered samples from M. Teixeira and alternately adored and beat them and oiled them and found that Light Venata had the properties I was looking for. So upon hearing when dh had off I contacted them and waited. Well that first week no answer, they were busy at a kitchen conference..... I called and somehow between email and phone calls found myself working/not working with people from both New Jersey and San Fransico. That caused confusion over who was handling what but finally between repeated emails and phone calls that got ironed out. Belive it or not it is much cheaper to buy and ship soapstone from NJ to Oregon than it is to buy from SF and ship it up the coast!! MUCH CHEAPER!!! But the Light Venata available is much wilder than the photos on the website and isn't what I was expecting. So I asked about Julia (which I don't even have a sample of but have admired on this site) and that isn't available at the moment. UGhhhh!! So this morning I await photos of a new Light Venata (hoping it is as scratch resistant as the old but less busy). And this weekend we are going out granite shopping again.

Will I love the L. Venata? Will I fall in love with an expensive granite and let go of my dream for soapstone? Or will I wait for the next shipment for MY soapstone and patiently wait for a working kitchen. (We have 4 kids so that is my least favorite option at the moment.)

Sorry this is so long...but here it where people understand.

Comments (2)