SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Microwave doesn't fit! Help!

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I gave my KD the dimensions of my planned Panasonic MW, and the MW cabinet is custom built. It has a very small bit of trim on the face. When my kid & I tried to put the MW inside the MW cavity, it didn't fit in either height or width. I am not sure if I should take the rubber feet off the MW to reduce the height, but that still doesn't account for the width. The cab has a very, very tiny piece of trim around it, which by now I've banged up trying to get the MW to fit (grrr!). The MW is officially 23 7/8" wide but I'm measuring 23 15/16, and the cab is 23 7/8 wide. My measurements MIGHT be off, and my GC was able to get another MW in the cavity that also measured 23 7/8 wide, so maybe it's just me....

Is the best option: trying to remove the tiny bit of trim; buying a smaller MW (luckily Panasonic has a look-alike in the next size down, which is 2" smaller all around) and framing the face; wait for GC to show up, call KD, and cry on their shoulders; or other? This is a big MW (2.2 CF) and I honestly think I'd be ok with the smaller (1.6 CF) MW. Is trim usually added after the fact? This must be a very common issue. TIA.

Comments (9)