SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_63513

Ordered Range for Kitchen

User
12 years ago

I was just browsing the sellers of the Bertazzoni ranges the other day, and found that one had a short term sale which would save me $115 and $50, and no tax and no shipping. And since that is the last appliance I need for the kitchen remodel, I went ahead and ordered the 3 pieces.

I got the 24 inch 4 burner range, the 600 cfm hood that goes with it (hard to find a 24 inch hood), and also the stainless backsplash with utinsel bar that spans the gap between the range and the hood. The range will stand on legs, open beneath, and has a cute convection oven and broiling unit which are electric, and a storage drawer below. I could have gotten the gas cooktop, but I wanted it to be the 15000 btu option which makes wok cooking possible. I'm really into stir fry since I realized I never saw a fat VietNamese woman. They are all tiny.

Of course, there are other things to be worked out for the kitchen, like cabinets and open shelves. But I know what we will be doing for countertops, and for flooring. As a galley style kitchen, one side will have Silestone STELLAR SNOW (for the sink/fridge side). And the cooking side will have a stainless steel countertop, with a small 2 seater raised bar also being STELLAR SNOW. (We know we like it, that is what DH put in his cape kitchen in Massachusetts.)

And I was looking at the Bellawood prefinished hardwoods, and decided to do the 3/4 x 2-1/4 Select Ash. We are doing the whole house in it, excepting for the sun porch and the master closet and two baths, which are all tiled. Porcelain unglazed Italian Roman Salmon on porch and small bath, and

Rialto Blanco (like a baked clay gray-brown white), which are super durable and came from Lowes.

I've decided that everywhere except the cooking wall will be beadboard, no tile on the sink wall. IF I can possibly do so, there will be an "infinity" window sill at the sink, even if I cannot put in a garden window. Folks tell me it will be HOT because it faces south, but I like all that natural light coming in.

The old back porch will be stretched across the entire back of the house and covered in Hardie Planks instead of stucco as the rest of the house is. It is similar, but will not HAVE to look "original", since it will be a tiny bit less than the width of the original house.

When we took out the antique gas water heater, the power company gave us an electric one to replace it. Now that we will be rejuvenating our gas line, we will be given a gas water heater since we are replacing the ELECTRIC one. It seems to be working out to our advantage this time.

I'm looking forward to having those wood floors throughout the house. But so far, I have not gotten a drawing of the remodel. It will include a new standing seam metal roof, the new flooring, and new baseboards throughout.

When I get the plans drawn up I'll be posting those, BEFORE I give them to a designer that our contractor works with.

DH was up in the attic where our heat pump is located, and he was adding quite a bit of insulation yesterday. Now it is warm again....but it will make a difference come summer and the balance of this winter season too.

Comments (23)