Making Soap - Coloring Question
15 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
Related Discussions
Looking for info on making beeswax soap, candles and cosmetics
Comments (3)I'm a beekeeper and a soap maker. If you plan on keeping bees you won't be able to take honey and beeswax from them until the 2nd year. If someone is giving you the honey and beeswax you can use it after filtering and processing. Note: Too much honey will cause your soap to overheat and sometimes it oozes out of the soap, ruining the batch so it is best to use very little. Beeswax lip balms, creams and candles are great! There is a book on the market called "The Backyard Beekeeper" that has a few basic recipes for cream, lip balm, skin toner, and soap. Cost will depend on the cost of materials and your time. If you determine how much to charge based on someone elses calculations you may be losing money....See MoreWanted: Recipes to Make Your Own Soap Base
Comments (3)I haven't made any soap. I'm looking for soap base recipes. I have 1 soap base recipe, the person that supplied that took pics and inclued them in the recipe. That soap base turns a red-ish clear color (from the pics). I have no ingredents because I have no recipes minus the one I mentioned. I am looking for Saop Base recipes that come out a white-ish to clear color. It doesn't have to be a perfect "clear" it can be cloudy. I just want to be able to add my own color to it and it be that color. Thank You...See MoreRE: Does anyone in the DFW - Texas area make lye soap?
Comments (0)I would like to get in touch, with anyone from this area - that makes lye soap. I have some questions. Please email me - personally. Tina_2 / purplegard4me@aol.com...See MoreSoap Question
Comments (2)Add anything that isn't the base at trace--fragrances, herbs, leftover soap from other batches. If you are talking about REbatching, then wait until your base batch melts, & add your new items when you're about to mold, because rebatching temps are sustained for a longer time & can kill fragrance, herbal benefits, etc. I don't rebatch only because in my opinion it is kinda a waste of time-- you're not actually making new soap, you're just "melting" old soap. What I DO do, is make a new soap, pour a little into the molds at trace, add my old chopped or grated pieces, pour a little more new soap, stir it up, add more, pour more... until I have a nice layer cake-- all done, of course, at the speed of light so the new soap doesn't seize on me. Comes out chunky & pretty. Good luck....See More- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
- 15 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDES9 Hard Questions to Ask When Shopping for Stone
Learn all about stone sizes, cracks, color issues and more so problems don't chip away at your design happiness later
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story
BATHROOM VANITIESBetter Places to Stash That Soap
Banish gloppy bars and flimsy pumps, and the only things you’ll need to clean are your hands
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGN21 Dream Showers Let You Soap Up in Style
These sensational showers have it all: spectacular design, luxurious materials and sleek high-tech features
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN9 Questions to Ask When Planning a Kitchen Pantry
Avoid blunders and get the storage space and layout you need by asking these questions before you begin
Full Story
EXTERIORSCurb Appeal Feeling a Little Off? Some Questions to Consider
Color, scale, proportion, trim ... 14 things to think about if your exterior is bugging you
Full Story
MOST POPULARKitchen of the Week: Broken China Makes a Splash in This Kitchen
When life handed this homeowner a smashed plate, her designer delivered a one-of-a-kind wall covering to fit the cheerful new room
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDIY: Make Your Own Chalkboard Paint
3 simple steps to chalk it up in any color anywhere for cheap
Full Story
RUGSA Rug Can Make a Room — but What Kind to Choose?
The perfect rug may be all you need to complete your decor with color, texture and coziness. Here’s how to select the right type
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGConsidering Concrete Floors? 3 Green-Minded Questions to Ask
Learn what’s in your concrete and about sustainability to make a healthy choice for your home and the earth
Full StorySponsored
Brent B