SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abistew

Front entrance ideas?

AbiStew
13 years ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to 'fix' the front entrance and front room of my home? When it was just my husband and I, it didn't seem that bad. The tiled foyer area has always seemed small and it is annoying that it doesn't extend in front of the closet. However, we now have a dog came and she tracks her muddy paw prints all over the hardwood flooring. Then came our daughter and we now have muddy stroller wheel prints all over the hardwood flooring. Our "formal room" (which never seemed large enough for a TV + sofa and feels too far away from the kitchen to call a dining room) is used for stroller parking, a car-seat staging area, bookshelves and a desk + computer. We used to call it our quiet "library" but it feels anything but at the moment.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with this space and how to make the main entrance more functional for a growing family. I've thought about shrinking the closet and rotating it so it faces the door and extending the tile area. Ideally, I'd like to partition the space slightly so we aren't tempted to walk in the front door and step into the "formal room."

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio