SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treitmann

Help with pressure foot

Treitmann
9 years ago

I gave up my 60+year old singer and brought a "new" White from the 60's based on lots of research. I'm a light sewer (mostly household items) but have plans to get more into sewing (clothing, household). With my old Singer. I've sewn everything from pillow cases to tapestry and deer skin leather and bags. Never ad a problem feeding the fabric through and never changed anything on the pressure foot. With the White I can't put anything through it I except two layers of cotton (or similar) fabric. Tried hemming a piece of fleece and it won't feed through. I've tried a few other items than are a thicker and the same thing...the foot is tight with absolutely no give. I've checked the manual and doesn't appear to be any tension adjustment for the pressure foot. I've tried exploring the drop lever on the back and there's nothing to change. Tried dropping the dawgs (sp?) but then there's nothing to grab and pull the fabric along. When I researched this machine it said it was great for everything. What am I missing/doing wrong? I'd love to start sewing more but not if I'm so limited to what I can put through it!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus
More Discussions