SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Velux sun tunnel leaking

18 years ago

In April '04 I had a local contractor install a Velux sun tunnel. We liked it so well, we had him install a second one in Nov. '04. During the winter we noticed some moisture accumulation on the roof hood. Contractor didn't know why, thought he installed it correctly, we both thought not to worry about it since it didn't leak even after torrential rains. Now this winter we had one that leaked after a heavy snow storm to the point I needed a bucket on the floor. I called Velux 3 weeks ago to check out the problem. I was told the Velux rep had to come from a location 3 hours away. I'm still waiting for him to schedule an appointment - even after a second call to the company. How long would you wait? What would you do? I haven't contacted the local contractor because he indicated he wasn't aware of what the problem would be with the condensation moisture early on. It's cold & snowy here--would the Velux rep be waiting for warmer weather (which might be 4 months away) What would you do next? I'd like to repaint my water stained ceiling, but not till the problems fixed. It leaked when the snow on the roof had a chance to melt.

Comments (4)