SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigger

Upset with online tile company - beware!

tigger
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am so upset with glasstilestore.com!!!! I just had to rant to someone, so knew all of you would understand :) The only major thing left for my kitchen is the backsplash and after months of looking, I finally found some I thought I might like, so ordered 3 samples from the above company online. They arrived yesterday (just about 3 days after placing the order), and I was so excited to find that one of them was perfect and just what I was looking for - I haven't seen anything else like it anywhere, at least not for a decent price. Even better, my husband actually liked it also (we've had a hard time agreeing on tile colors)! Well, after holding it up in the kitchen, taking photos, etc. I went online to find it and check again what the exact price was. Oddly enough I couldn't find it anywhere on their website. I finally just googled it and the only thing that came up was a link to their site to buy a sample of it. I was in a panic of course and highly irritated so my husband was telling me to just be calm and that there was probably just an issue with their website. So we called this morning, and NO, there wasn't a problem with the website - not only do they NOT have the tile, it's been completely DISCONTINUED!!!!!! I am so mad right now. Oh, and they didn't even apologize for sending us a sample (which we obviously paid for) of something they DON'T EVEN HAVE!! What's more, it's still listed as a sample on their site, so they are probably selling it to others as well. Wouldn't you think that the first thing any reputable company would do would be to take the item off the site as soon as they knew it was discontinued, and if they somehow sold a sample to someone anyway, contact them immediately to tell them they made a mistake??!!

So...now it's back to searching for another tile for the backsplash. Needless to say I won't be buying from this place even though their prices are really good. I suppose that may be why the prices are good - they apparently aren't a reputable company and have crummy customer service!

Anyway, if you've actually had a good experience with them (glasstilestore.com), I'd love to hear it since right now I'm extremely unhappy with them!

Comments (7)