SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataliechantal

Forgot to plan for MW and toaster oven! Where to squeeze them in?

NatalieChantal
12 years ago

So, I am an idiot... I have posted about my first time remodel... And looking over the plan pictures, realized that I have no clue where to put my MW and toaster oven! My toaster oven is my main oven right now, since my old one quit, and I am replacing with a 36" so will keep using the toaster oven unless I really need to use the huge one. I love it and definitely need a handy spot for it inthenew kitchen. The MW is only used for reheating and popcorn, or thawing, so I want good power but small size. Not crazy about the idea of drawer MWs but maybe that's because I am not familiar with them? I hate to lose counters ace to them and thought of putting them under the cabs between the fridge and sink (pic below), but my KD pointed out that it wouldn't look very good and cut into the backsplash pattern (not the one in the pic, that was just thrown in to have something pictured). There are no uppers in my kitchen except for the short ones between fridge and window, so ... Where to put them?

Here is the CAD drawing of the space. There will also be an island in the kitchen to house the range, but it will be L-shaped with range on one arm and a long butcher block for prep on the other arm, so I don't want the TO or MW there:

{{!gwi}}

And the real (current) space that will be redone:

Comments (13)